Required Track Activities - MS III & MS IV
- Practice of Medicine Scholarly Project will be related to Global Health
- International Clinical Elective (four to eights weeks) or global health medical mission (two weeks)
- Opportunities for electives through affiliated sites are listed on our partners section. All of the countries marked Clinical Rotation Sites are available
- Popular options include Medical or Surgical Missions to Haiti held in March and July, as well as surgical mission trips with Operation Smile and Operation Heartbeat
- Students also have the option to plan their own internship through non-affiliate schools and organizations
Review the Admissions page for more information.
Practice of Medicine (POM) Requirements - MS IV
GHSC students must choose a project that is related to their track of study in some way. This does not preclude students from participating in other research or scholarly work in the third and/or fourth year; however, all schoarly concentration students must submit a scholarly project related to their track area.
Many students take this opportunity to pursue academic work related to an area of current/future interest. Students have the option to expand upon a focus area initiated earlier in their medical education, for instance, work that students may have started during their summer internships between the first and second year.
In order to receive full credit, the following deadlines must be met:
- 2/15/15: Research Topic Form is due. Be sure to provide the following information: mentor's name, type of practice, address, phone number, email, and research topic.
- 7/15/15: POM outline is due.
- 3/1/16: The deadline to submit the final project.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding these requirements.