The Office of International Medicine Programs (IMP) at the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) partners with institutions globally to offer a range of programs and collaboration in medical education and training, research, and practice. IMP works with its partner organizations to customize educational programs for students and practitioners at all levels based on the needs of their home country or institution.
IMP supports unilateral and multilateral partnerships and works with ministries of health and/or higher education, medical institutions, and other organizations and agencies around the world. Through these partnerships, we achieve sustainability and promote perpetuation of knowledge among institutions and healthcare professionals. With a nearly two hundred-year history, GW SMHS is equipped to provide expert consultation on various medical areas from needs assessment, curriculum development, technical demonstrations, and professional development.
IMP works with partner organizations to customize programs based on the needs of their home country or institution. We welcome inquiries from governments, medical schools, hospitals, clinics and independent organizations around the world interested in becoming mutually beneficial partners. Since inception, we have worked formally and informally with health care institutions in more than 50 countries.
IMP's capabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Needs Assessment, Evaluation, and Advisement
- Advising and Counseling for International Pre-Medical Students
- Pre-Residency Advising and Counseling
- Development and Strengthening of Graduate Medical Education Programs
- Continuing Medical Education
- International Emergency Medicine Programs
- Customized Programs:
- Graduate Medical Education Development
- Breast Cancer Center
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgical Training Program/Institute
- Hospital-Based Programs and Services
- Advisory Board Development
- Nursing Department Development and Training
- PET/CT Training Program and Standards Development
- Critical Care and Anesthesiology Training Program
- Joint Research and Development
- University Support and Advisory Services
- University Research Partnerships